Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'll tell you all about it tomorrow...

I'm not sure where I have been. Really. It's one of those weird time warps where you jolt into awareness all of a sudden and you are just not quite sure how you got there. Like when you are driving sometimes. Maybe I shouldn't admit to that last part.
But, anywho, here I am present and accounted for.
We had our last show two weeks ago and Michael has been in a production frenzy ever since. He is making stuff, loading the kiln, unloading the kiln, glazing stuff, loading the kiln, and unloading the kiln. I have taken to standing out of his way and just let him whirl around me. He leaves the house. I know he will return. What he is doing and where he has gone is a mystery yet to be solved at some other time. He has so much to accomplish before he takes off to Paducah that I think that I will just let him get what he needs to get done.
The girls have been in a creative zone.They went on a tie-dye binge.Why just this morning Xan came into the kitchen to show off her new tie-dye undies. She's not going to like that I am telling you all this but it's my blog, so there.
Xan and one of her friends painted our new van. Thanks to our good friend, Linda, who gave it to us!! Michael can now drive to Paducah and I can have a car here.
We are moving. We're really moving.
I visited my mom in my absence from you. I hadn't seen her since Christmas. We talked of furniture that she will be bringing to Paducah.
My mom is going to be living with us. She is really going to be living with us.
Dear reader, you can read anything you want into that one because any emotion or subtext that you can think of is probably really close to all the emotions that I feel about it.
All in all, I'm in a good space. My household is hectic. I'd like to say that the house is dirty and unkept because of it but I can't do that and be honest. My house is always dirty and unkept.
And tomorrow I get to work at the Farmers Market and Michael is off to a gallery opening in Woodstock. This is a picture of a some new work that he will be showing. When the weather was nice he had them all outside to glaze them. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you popped up to share. I've been wondering how you've been. Great pics!

madre-terra said...

I'm wondering where've I've been, too.

Annalise said...

Lots of busy-ness! Love the van - and the knickers!