Thursday, June 03, 2004

Eagles and other island life

I heard my first Eagle this week. For those of you that have never heard one. They sound earthy and primeval. It's the sound of home. We have one that lives in the forest behind our house and circles over our meadow looking for something to eat.
This week I have been playing "Safari Jane" out in my garden. It's a trip! The grass is breast high. I go out with my trusty weed wacker and my clippers. I wack and clip until my muscles ache and my face is beet red. I won't tell you how long that takes...I'd be embarrassed.

More stuff about me....

24. Hard to do this when you've forgotten what the first 23 were.
25. I was 25 when I finally figured out that I had a "self". Until then I was looking at myself through my parents eyes. I was a late bloomer.
26. I like to bake. When going to potlucks I usually bake something.
27. I love to travel!!!! I have a dream of global schooling my girls.
28. I spend time at the travel websites for fun. I love to plan trips.
29. I like to weave. I own my loom. I haven't had an opportunity to weave in a long time.
30. I live in a dome home. Michael designed it and built it. It is small and we are planning to build another.
31. When I close my eyes I can feel a millions of other beings on the planet. Been that way since I was a kid.
32. I believe that there is a force greater than ourselves. It binds us all.
33. I love the ocean. It is the blood of our planet.
34. I cry at movies. I am emotional.
35. I have traveled a lot. When I was in high school my parents moved to Saudi Arabia. I went to a boarding school in England. I have been to many places...but never Paris. I find that strange.

My grumpy daughter is in from raking and I must read with her. I promised. Gotta go... Blessings...V

No comments: