Thursday, March 15, 2007

That is if Beth will let me...

It's raining here. It's balmy and very Spring-like. I look out the window and say very, very softly so that Mother Nature won't here me..."I think Spring is on it's way." Of course I know that it is March and Spring is really not here but with the crazy weather we have these days anything can happen.
I'm back home. Been home for 1 full day now and I'm exhausted. Mothers will do that. I want to finish my vacation stories and pictures....
I called my friend Doe (Doreen really but for some reason I have gotten into the habit of nicknaming her Doe). We met when I was doing a lot of theater in Tucson. We were both members of a gay and lesbian theater company. She is a buyer for a natural foods warehouse. Doe and her wife Robin have (since I last saw them) bought an adobe that sits right up against the mountains that are west of Tucson. They are very close to Gates Pass. If you ever go to Tucson you must go over and drive through Gates Pass and then go and sit at the park right in the center of the Pass and watch the sunset. It's an awesome sight.
We decided that our household (the whole 9 lot of us) was going to go over to Doe and Robin's for dinner. We all wanted to see this house and it's view. Believe me, we were not disappointed! I have no great picture of the view but the Tucson lights were magical and D & R have this humungeous picture window with two lounging chairs set up in front of it. The kids took advantage.

We had such a fun time. D & R have just redone their kitchen and there is a huge island in the middle with bar chairs. It's a great place to sit and gather. It's a joy to hang out with "kitchen people". Doe, Beth, and I goofed around with my camera.And I got this funny picture of our friend Chris who joined us there. We get to see Chris up on Lopez every few years because he has family just on the mainland from us. It was fun to see him in Tucson for a change.We stayed late into the evening laughing our heads off and left with promises to stay at D & R's on future visits to our ol' homeland. That is if Beth will let me...

1 comment:

Rick Rockhill said...

hello madre- I stumbled on your blog and enjoyed reading it! You mentioned your friend Doe who works in in natural. I buy natural dog foods for my company. Last week I went to the Natural Product Expo in Anaheim CA, it was so cool. I just did a post on Organic food and the Natural Expo too.

Anyway, stop by and say hi sometime!

www.rickrockhill.blogspot.com