Sunday, October 15, 2006

GETTING READY.....

Have to get ready for a show and procrastinating.....

1. FIRST NAME? Victoria

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? The queen. Mom is an anglophile.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Monday morning when I turned the phone back on (I never turn the phone off) and there was a message from Artie needing to have a "mommy talk" because she missed me. Learned my lesson....I am NEVER shutting off the phone again.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I live with an artist who has really cool handwriting. Mine is boring and nondescript.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Umm? Honey roasted turkey, I think.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Oh jeez, I certainly hope so. I like to think that I've grown into being a desirable friend.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Only here, baby.


8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Why yes I do.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No way!!!!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Oatmeal with maple syrup and soymilk. Does that count as cereal?

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? With laces....yes. Tevas....no.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Emotional rock....physical?....read my last blog entry.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Coffee, hands down.

14. SHOE SIZE? 8 to 9

15. RED OR PINK? ICK! Neither really. But, I must admit that I just bought the most cool pair of leather high top sneakers that have stitching on them like they are cowboy boots. It's more of a "left to center" pink so they are acceptable to me.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My pointy nose or the stress hump that I am developing at the base of my neck right up above my shoulder blades or the fact that I am a very self conscious or that I hold things inside and don't fully express myself. "These are a few of my least favorite things..oom pa pa...omm pa pa"

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My grandfather, Dado (long o). He had the gift of truly paying attention to someone. I have only met one other person in my life who can do that. Dado was a treasure.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Don't get it....going on....

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I'm in my pj's. They are peachy colored with violet and blue flowers on them printed on waffle cotton. I love pajamas!


20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A chocolate covered oreo. Michael and Xan went to a gallery opening of Michael's work in Northampton, MA on Friday while stayed and worked in our booth at a local show. They went to two different chocolate stores and brought home truffles to try and some other goofy chocolate covered things. I was pleasantly surprised by the oreo. I'm not a big oreo fan. The dark chocolate covered ginger was my favorite.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The hum of the computor, the occasional car driving by, my keyboarding, and I'm sniffling (think a cold is coming on).

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I want to be a beeswax crayon made by this woman I use to know on Lopez. She made the most amazing colors from these powders that she had. She made them for her children. Can you believe that? I want to be irredescent (sp?).

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Low tide.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Miss Artie.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes. Smiles.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? Yes, very much.

27. FAVORITE DRINK? I have a few. Apple Cider mixed with Goya ginger beer, Moose Drool (Micro-brewery beer from Missoula, MT), water...always water.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? I like to watch figure skating.

29. EYE COLOR? Brown.

30. HAT SIZE? No clue. But, I do have a small head. Round hips, small head...go figure.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Too many to list.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary Movies.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Creamy chocolate things.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Jane and Annalise.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Everybody else.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? The Solace of Leaving Early by Haven Kimmel & Abarat by Clive Barker.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Don't have a mouse pad.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? The last 4 episodes of "Surface" on DVD.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? The ocean, rain on window panes, wind in the trees, laughter.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Saudi Arabia...at the time it was home.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Loving it all.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Concord, MA.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I copied it from Jane.

And this is how I have productively spent my time getting ready......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, that was interesting! I don't think I knew you lived in Saudi Arabia at one point...

madre-terra said...

When I was in high school my parents moved to Saudi for my Dad's job.
I went to boarding school in England.
By the time I was 18 I had travelled more than most people do in their lifetimes. I am very blessed.
My parent's have travelled around the world about 6 times.
Whoda thunk?

Annalise said...

I love these survey thingies, I find these little snippets fascinating. Will def. fill it out too, once we have internet access at home :-)

I like dark chocolate covered ginger too, btw. And,where did you go to school in England?

madre-terra said...

Hey, Annalise is back everybody!!!!
I'm so glad.
To answer your question... I went to TASIS in Thorpe, Surrey.